LTPL Theme Competition - Terms and Conditions
1. These terms and conditions together with any specific rules set out in Competition Notices (as defined below) are the Competition Rules ("Rules") and apply to competitions ("Competition") featuring in any Learn To Play Live (LTPL) website or publication unless otherwise expressly stated. By entering a Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules.
2. Rules specific to each Competition are displayed in a notice on the page for such Competition ("Competition Notice") or in a notice in which the Competition appeared and are incorporated into the Rules. In the event of discrepancy between these terms and conditions and the Competition Notice, the Competition Notice shall prevail.
3. Learn To Play Live reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition or the Rules without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside LTPL’s reasonable control. Any changes will be posted either within these terms and conditions or the Competition Notice. A copy of the Rules may also be obtained by contacting LTPL directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to a Competition, the decision of the judge(s) shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
5. To qualify to enter the Competition you must be resident in the United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland and/or the Isle of Man. The email address you provide with your competition entry ("Entry") may be used to send any prizes so please make sure this is correct.
6. Employees of Learn To Play Live Ltd or any associated company of Learn To Play Live Ltd and their immediate families, persons connected with the competition/prize draw and their immediate families i.e. prize sponsors & their agents are not eligible to enter the Competition.
7. By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. You further warrant that any work has been completed by the applicant, without plagiarism, breach of copyright or any other form of copying. Learn To Play Live reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
8. Learn To Play Live assumes that by reading the publication or by using the website and entering the Competition (and you warrant that) you are aged 18 or over or, if you are under 18, that your parents have consented to your entry into the Competition and these Rules.
9. Learn To Play Live reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the Rules.
10. In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the Competition, LTPL in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these Rules.
11. Multiple entries per person per term are allowed. However, once an entry has been made, it cannot be resubmitted at a later date. Attempts to resubmit identical entries for subsequent competitions will result in disqualification.
12. Competition entries must be made in the manner and by the closing date specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry.
13. There is no purchase requirement to enter this Competition.
14. Proof of emailing cannot be accepted as proof of delivery. LTPL cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to Entries, or Entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes outside its control.
16. Prize winners will be chosen, unless specified otherwise in the Competition Notice, from all qualifying Entries within 28 days of the closing date specified in the Competition Notice. In all matters, the decision of the judge(s) shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
17. Prize winners will be notified in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply as specified in the notification (and within the time stated) may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Competition winner(s)’ names may be published on the LTPL website.
18. Claims for prizes must be made in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to claim a prize within this time or in the manner specified may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
19. Prizes are non–transferable and there is no cash alternative. LTPL reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
20. Prizes are awarded at the discretion of LTPL and no prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant.
Intellectual Property Rights & Use of Entries
21. In consideration of Learn To Play Live agreeing to consider entrants to the Competition, each entrant hereby agrees that LTPL (and third parties authorised by LTPL) may make any and all Entries available in their publications and on their websites and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future. You now grant Learn To Play Live (and third parties authorised by LTPL) a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence (for the full period of any rights in the Entry) to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, make derivative works from, edit, alter, store, re-format, sell and sub-licence the Entry for such purposes.
22. LTPL does not guarantee to use or otherwise make available any Entry. Johnston Press may, in appropriate circumstances, and at its sole discretion, reject, edit, remove or disable access to Entries that appear to be legally or otherwise problematic e.g. infringe the copyright or other intellectual property or privacy rights of others, are defamatory etc. or for any other reason.
23. Your entry and any information submitted by you must be personal to and relate specifically to you. You hereby warrant that your Entry and all information which you submit and/or distribute will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party, and will not contain anything which is libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening. If relevant, LTPL reserves the right, but not the obligation, to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by you and to edit, refuse to distribute or remove the same.
24. Learn To Play Live cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting any prize. LTPL is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation in the Competition. Nothing shall exclude LTPL’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
Data Protection and Publicity
25. Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and Learn To Play Live reserves the right to use the names of winners in any publicity both in paper and online. This may be limited to first names only for safeguarding purposes.
26. Any personal data relating to entrants will not be disclosed to a third party without the individual’s consent. Data relating to entrants will be retained by LTPL for a reasonable period after the Competition closes to assist LTPL to operate competitions in a consistent manner and to deal with any queries on the Competition.
27. The Competition and Rules will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England. Where the site and/or the Interactive Services are accessed from Scotland or Northern Ireland, this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of Scotland or Northern Ireland respectively and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts or the courts of Northern Ireland respectively.